The benefits of B vitamins
The B vitamins are distinct from each other and perform different functions. Find out more below about the individual benefits of B complex vitamins.
Good sources of vitamin B1 include:
- some fresh fruits (such as bananas and oranges)
- wholegrain breads
- some fortified breakfast cereals
Benefits of vitamin B1:
- Helps naturally generate energy from your food.
- Contributes to normal functioning of your nervous system.
Good sources of vitamin B2 include:
- fortified breakfast cereals
- plain yoghurt
UV light can destroy riboflavin, so ideally these foods should be kept out of direct sunlight.
Benefits of vitamin B2:
- Helps to naturally generate energy from your food.
- Plays a role in the maintenance of normal red blood cells.
- Helps in reducing tiredness and fatigue.